Surviving COVID-19 Series (#2)
College virtual tour/information session
- Participate as MANY as you want!
- Take NOTES, review RECORDS when you need!
- Know more about “what”, “why”, and “how” to write better College application ESSASYS
- Websites to help facilitate your exploration
- Online Tutoring
- Start a podcast
- Write a book
- Start a YouTube Channel
- Looking for something to challenge yourself while accumulate accomplishments?
Start of Improve on your Foreign Language
- Duolingo: A Game-like App That Rewards You with Badges for Practicing Your Spanish
- Rosetta Stone: The Classic, Totally Immersive App for Language Learning
- Busuu: A Community-Oriented App Best for Honing Your Speaking Skills
- Brainscape: The Modern, Adaptive Flashcard App for Learning Spanish (Among Other Things)
- Cat Academy Spanish: Because Cats Rule the Internet
- FluentU French: turns music videos, commercials, news, and inspiring talks into French learning experiences.
- Tandem French: allows you to practice French with native speakers and to build meaningful, long-term language-learning partnerships.
- Mango Languages French: four units with five lessons in each. Each lesson revolves around a written and spoken French conversation. Dissecting the grammar and vocabulary used in the dialogue through a flashcard-based approach.
- Rosetta Stone: teaches French purely through French (there’s not a word in English inside the course) to simulate ideal learning environment
- Memrise: teaches you French words through humor. learn tricky words by disguising them through clever jokes—an approach I’m sure you’ll find highly effective.
- FluentU: Learn Chinese with videos. Improve your language level through immersion in the language.
- Skritter: Learn how to write Chinese characters
- The Chairman’s Bao: Read in Chinese for advanced learners
- Chinese Pod: Learning Chinese through podcasts to improve listening skills
- Memrise: Learn efficiently new vocabulary
- Duolingo: It feels just like a game – one where you unlock the levels and win virtual coins, but all the while you’re collecting new vocabulary and grammatical structures.
- Quiz your English: The best for exam prep
- The British Council: The best for grammar
- Beelingu: The best for reading
- HelloTalk: The best for speaking
Explore Interests and Habits
- Virtual Dancing
- Chinese Dances
- Kpop Dances
- Adult Dances and Choreograph
- Drawing & Painting
Take Online Courses
Online Internship/Job Opportunities
Attributing to the Effort of Combating COVID-19
- Use discretion and Make informative comments online
- Discover nearby problems and seek solutions
Read More to Enrich Your Mind
- 15 Books Every High School Student Should Read
- Blue Lipstick: Concrete Poems by John Grandits
- Technically, It’s Not My Fault: Concrete Poems by John Grandits
- Poetry Speaks Who I Am: Poems of Discovery, Inspiration, Independence and Everything Else edited by Elise Paschen
- Seeing the Blue Between: Advice and Inspiration for Young Poets compiled by Paul Janeczko
Check out other Surviving COVID-19 series: - Some Lifesaving Advice for those who are have CHILDREN that need to be engaged and entertained. https://mypathtowardsmindfulness.org/2020/07/08/some-lifesaving-advice-for-those-who-are-have-children-that-need-to-be-engaged-and-entertained/